Terms & Conditions
In these terms and conditions (which are referred to in this document as “these terms”), the “Customer” means the customer for whom the works are to be carried out by 24/7 Call Out Home Emergency, and the “Company” means 24/7 Call Out Home Emergency or, wherever the case may be, a franchisee, sub-contractor or representative of the company carrying out business pursuant to a Franchise/Subcontract Agreement entered into with the company.
“Contract” means the agreement between the Customer and the company to carry out the works of which these terms form a part and (where these terms are a schedule to a signed agreement between the Customer and the company (“the Agreement”)) the Agreement, “Works” means the works described in the company estimate or any other document or email issued by the company, as may be varied by agreement in writing between the parties.
For the purposes of these terms, “in writing” includes by email and any document which is set out in a hand held device and any signature on a hand held screen shall be treated as in writing.
Acceptance Of Works
- The company reserves the right to refuse or decline any work at its own discretion. Where the company agrees to undertake works for the customer, this will be done so by authorised representatives of the company only.
Call Out Fee & Charges
- The company offers a home emergency response service where we aim to alleviate home emergencies by sending engineers within 2 hours to Customer’s location. While we strive to provide these services in an urgent manner, the 2 hour timeframe might be extended given exceptional circumstances.
- The company charges a minimum 1 hour call out fee for all appointments, regardless of work carried out. This includes work quoted on an hourly rate, or fixed price work. If for any reason we are unable to carry out works during attendance, the minimum 1 hour call out fee would still be payable for our attendance, plus the cost of any additional labour time over the first hour, and parts/materials if used.
- Customer understands and agrees that the fees are paid in advance, before the deployment of the engineer to the emergency and it is non-refundable.
- The fee paid in advance covers the call out charge of the engineer plus the first hour on the site. Fees for any additional hours of work shall be agreed with the engineer directly.
- The rates may vary depending on the type of engineer needed, as well as time/location. Such rates shall be provided to the Customer prior to undertaking any service. No charge shall be incumbent upon the Customer if the engineer does not attend.
- Our engineers are all compliant with the UK regulations and vetted by our recruitment team prior to being deployed to any job.
Illustration And Description Of Works
- Any illustrations, descriptions, imagery either displayed on the company’s website, in marketing materials (both offline and online), catalogues, price lists or other are intended merely to present a general idea of works and services provided by the company. No part of these shall form part of any contract.
Inspection, Delivery And Completion Of Works
- The company will advise the customer of the date and time for works to be carried out. The company will always endeavour to ensure they maintain this schedule and that their operatives attend at the agreed time. However, the company accepts no liability in respect of late/non-attendance at any site, or for the late/non delivery of any equipment or materials. All times provided by the company are estimates only.
- The customer shall indemnify the company against any and all actions, claims, demands, suits, losses, costs, expenses and charges which the company may suffer or incur in connection with a claim by a third party, resulting from a breach of the customers obligations, undertakings and representations and warranties in connection with this contract.
Limitation Of Liability
- The company provides all services on an “as-is” basis and makes no representations or warranties as to the services provided. The company disclaims all implied warranties, including all implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, in connection with this agreement. There is no guarantee of bad workmanship as our sole objective is alleviating the emergency.
- The company will not hold any responsibility for any damage suffered to a part of any property where the damage is in whole or in part a consequence of a defect or weakness in that part of the property.
- The company will not hold responsibility or liability for damage caused whilst investigating and repairing any plumbing, gas or drainage work, including blockages. This includes but not limited to; the removal of bathroom suites, panels or furniture, tiles and tiling, floor coverings (carpet, rugs, laminate, wood, tiles etc), internal and external walls where pipework is/has to be routed and other damages as a result.
- If damage to plaster and brickwork is caused it will be the customer’s responsibility to make good. We cannot accept responsibility for any damage to wallpaper, paintwork, tiles, carpet, furniture etc. Any silicone work does not carry any guarantee.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to protect items of furniture, furnishings, fixtures and fittings. We will make reasonable efforts not to cause damage. It is suggested that the customer remove items that is considered to be a problem. If items remain within the working area, it is the responsibility of the customer to cover such items.