Drainage Services | Why Is Drain Cleaning So Important?
Drainage is a way to remove excess surface or sub-surface water from a specific area. All of the piping within a residential or commercial area that conveys rainwater, sewage, or other liquid waste to a point of disposal makes a drainage system. The drainage system helps whisk water away from driveways, walkways, and roofs to prevent flooding.
Food particles get washed down the drain when washing dishes. The same as when you are taking a shower, soap, hair, and dirt make their way through the drainage system and block the plumbing system. Failing to clean out the draining system can cause problems with your home’s sewage lines and pipes.
Why is drain cleaning so important? Here are some reasons…
Benefits Of Regular Drain Cleaning
Regular drain cleaning minimizes future problems and damages to your property. Here are a few benefits of regular drain cleaning:
- Remove Bad Odors: Drain cleaning removes debris and other particles trapped in pipes. After cleaning the pipe, it removes foul odors.
- Improve The Lifespan Of Drain: Cleaning not only increase the lifespan of drains but also minimize the damage to your property.
- Avoid Big Problems: Regular maintenance of drains helps you to find out small issues before they become a big problem. Catching small issues like aging pipes, pipe-damaging clogs, and overflowing pipes before getting worse prevent you from subtle problems.
- Faster Drainages: Cleaning drains remove all obstructions that can be a cause of serious clogs. As a result, you will notice speedy draining.
Types Of Drainage Systems
We can divide the drainage system into 4 main categories:
- Surface Drainage System: Shallow ditches that are dug in a parallel pattern make a surface drainage system. This system prevents water pooling and flooding.
- Subsurface Drainage System: As the name suggests, pipes that are buried under the soil and remove excess water make a subsurface drainage system. This system requires the installation of underground pipes.
- Slop Drainage System: Pipes that are installed and anchored into a small incline make a slop drainage system. This system moves water away from the structure.
- Downspout And Gutter System: A downspout carries water from gutters and diverts it to the ground. It collects water from the roof and empties on the slop to prevent pooling.
What To Do To Keep Your Drains Clean?
You should try to keep the drains clean for the smooth working of the draining system. Here are a few important points that help you to prevent drain clogs:
- First and foremost, you must install a draining system from a professional company. Don’t try and save money by hiring an inexperienced company. Because you will have to spend a hefty amount on repairing a poor draining system.
- You must be careful what you put down the toilet, sink, and shower drain.
- Don’t use any over the counter chemical cleaners for drainage because it can create issues for the pipes.
- You should run hot water down the pot of the bathroom every week to clear any buildup.
- Remove any accumulated hair, soap build-up, and other particles from the drain stoppers in your sink every week.
- Keep all drain grate and manhole clear from dirt.
Taking these preventive steps will keep the draining system clean and prevent major issues. If you leave your drains unmaintained, it can result in severe clogs and blockage of the pipe. It will affect the smooth flow of excess water as well.
However, if you maintain your drains properly, you will not need drainage services frequently. It will not only save your time but also a good amount of money.
How Often Drains Should Be Cleaned?
Drains cleaning is an important part of home maintenance. How often you should clean your drains depends on many factors such as the size of your house, how often you use drains, and more.
For a small household, you can clean your drains when necessary. Even you can clean drains by running hot water and other chemicals if needed. However, you need to schedule professional drain maintenance for a bigger household.
For this purpose, you should contact a professional company like 24/7 Call Out for the recommended drain cleaning schedule. You must clean your drains at least once a year for the smooth running of the plumbing system.
Contact Us For Fast, Efficient & Professional Drain Cleaning
Are you looking for an affordable, reliable, and top-notch plumbing service? If so, contact 24/7 Call Out. We have rich experience in all plumbing works. Our team of specialist drainage engineers are available 24/7 to carry out essential unblocking or cleaning services. Your contentment is our top priority. We won’t leave you in trouble and will work until you have a fully functioning drainage system.